Friday, April 10, 2009

The hunt is over

We got the word at around 3pm this afternoon. In all honest truth, I had all but forgotten about the 4pm deadline today. When the phone rang, I was wondering who on earth would be calling me on Good Friday. It was our realtor Ernie, telling me we had just bought ourselves a house.

The sellers had agreed to carry out the repair work and clean out the ducts before we take possession of the house on 4 May. I was in the middle of a nap when the call came and for awhile I wasn't even sure if it was happening. After all the price dickering and waiting, I have to say the end was pretty anti-climatic. After I hung up, I think I turned to Patty and said 'Congratulations, you just bought yourself a house.', and went back to sleep.

That is not to say we aren't excited. We went out to dinner this evening with Jen, and stopped by to see the house on the way. In just a little over three weeks, we get the keys and start making it our own. Now we get to do some of the fun things, like go shopping for appliances, pick colours and hunt for furniture!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

there's no IKEA in halifax!

ps. the word verification made my write 'espresso' !!?

Justin said...

You're right! There is no Ikea in Halifax! Thankfully we haven't had to rely on Ikea for quite some time now. In fact, I think the only piece of Ikea furniture we still have is a Billy bookcase.

As for the word verification, I swear I had nothing to do with it!