Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I suppose it was inevitable..

I've been toying with the idea of a blog now for some time.  My son is now two and a half and I'm increasingly finding myself wishing I had a place to record the things he does or says.  Sure, I have hundreds of photographs of him, okay probably thousands.  Yet it doesn't seem enough.  I fear that the time will past and all these moments will be lost.  I'll look back at the photographs one day and wonder where they were taken, what he was saying or doing.  I know I won't be able to record everything here, but it's more for the moments that stick out.  My friends tell me those are the moments I will always remember, but I can't even remember what I had for breakfast most days, or what I did the night before.  I find it hard to believe I will remember something that happened 30 years ago when I am in my senior years.

So that's the primary purpose of this blog.

Of course I'm sure there will be other posts as well, where I will probably make cynical pessimistic and downright depressing observations about the world around me.  I'm sure you can hardly wait. 


1 comment:

joie said...

I can't hardly wait! Oh, the observations I enjoy so much!