Friday, September 26, 2008

I don't want to go

That's twice now I've heard those words from Nate on the mornings when I wake him to go to daycare. I don't know why, but he just wants to stay home when I tell him it's time to go to Kristi's house. Last Friday, it took us almost an hour and a half to convince him that he could not stay home by himself. Thankfully it wasn't nearly as difficult this morning, but it still took us some time to get out of the house.

Of course once we got there, he quickly forgot he didn't want to go in the first place. As we pulled up to Kristi's this morning, he said to me "dad, are you going to come and play with me at Kristi's house?". Well, with an invite like that, how could I possible say no?

So this morning I got to hang out with Nate, Aiden and Vivienne, and play with toy cars and planes and watch them bounce around on the mini trampoline. Everyone shared or took turns, and at one point when they each had a toy car, Nate made sure I had one too. "I go get a car for you dad!", and he did.

After the initial struggle to get him to Kristi's, it was nice to see him enjoying himself there and being part of a larger group. And when it was time for me to go, he ran over to give me a hug and a kiss. Invisible I am not.

No comments: