Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The universe might be trying to tell me something Part2

I think the universe is telling me I may need writing lessons.  I guess I've been taking the easy way out lately and I've let the pictures do the talking in most of my recent posts.  Writing about the events of one day has taken me much longer than I had anticipated.


But back to the universe and how it's been communicating with me in the last few weeks.  If I didn't know better, I think it might not like me going to work.  Prior to this week, I've only been in to work for 2 afternoons out of a possible 8.  If I told you why, you'd probably think I was making it all up!  


Just a combination of things happening, conspiring to keep me away from work.  Nate got sick and Patty was travelling.  Nate's grandparents got sick and Patty was travelling.  Then just when I made it back for one afternoon shift, I had to call the very next morning to say I couldn't make it in because Nate got sick again.  This eventually led to my being sick.  By the time this whole business with my glasses rolled around, I was starting to get a bit of a reputation at work for not showing up.  Apparently my two co-workers were not taking any chances and had already arranged between themselves to cover my shift!


In any case, I guess it all worked out in the end.  I made it to both my shifts this week, and in doing so, made a little boy cry yesterday afternoon.  Poor fella, it broke my heart but I was only playing along with his mother.  What is a guy to do when he's put on the spot like that?  I hope I haven't traumatized him and forever altered the course of his life.  What if that's why I was supposed to stay away from work?  I may have forever changed the fate of the world!


You might laugh, but you weren't there and you didn't see his little face crumble.  All that hope and faith suddenly dashed. 


Fracking universe!



No comments: