Saturday, January 23, 2010

Backyard visitor







Our feeders usually attract black-capped chickadees, blue jays, downy woodpeckers, starlings, and pigeons. But every now and again we'll see a new bird, like this one.  I'm not entirely sure what it is, possibly an American goldfinch.  We keep a guidebook by the window, and I've started to take photos of our visitors to aid in identification.  Even so, I could use all the help I can get.  So, if you know what this bird might be, please let me know!

2 comments:

lori said...

american goldfinch, in winter plumage. :)

hope you guys all are well,
lori:)

Justin said...

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Sometimes it's hard to tell from the pictures in the guide books.

We're all well here, hope things are going well with you guys too.

We owe Sosi a birthday present.