Monday, December 22, 2008

Maybe we already moved to NS and I just forgot...

It is snowing outside as I write this, on the first day of winter. We've had snow on the ground in Vancouver now for more than a week. This in itself is something of a rarity. This evening, as I left work and walked home, I realized that I could not tell the difference between the road and the sidewalk anymore.

Poor old Snoopy, when I took him out for his evening walk, he could hardly get through the stuff. In fact I think he peed on the sidewalk, or where the sidewalk would have been if we could see it.

Everything is covered under a nice thick rolling blanket of white. It really is quite beautiful. In the ten winters I've spent here in Vancouver, I've never seen anything quite like it. And there is still more to come. The forecast is calling for more snow on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I may finally get a white Christmas, and I didn't even need to move to Nova Scotia!

No comments: